Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, August 1987
Eng., Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, August 1983
B.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison, June 1982
- Professor, Dept. of Elect. and Comp. Engineering, NCSU, Jul 1999 — Present.
- Distinguished Consultant, SAS Institute, August 16 – December 31, 2016.
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Elect. and Comp. Engineering, NCSU, Jul 1993 — Jun 1999.
- Visiting Scientist, Automation Distribution Division, ABB, Jun– Dec 1996.
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Elect. and Comp. Engineering, NCSU, Jul 1987— Jun 1993.
- Qiushi Chair Professor (求是讲座教授), Zhejiang University, China, January 1, 2015 – Present
Honors and Awards
- IEEE IES Dr.-Ing. Eugene Mittelmann Achievement Award (2020)
- IEEE IES Distinguish Lecturer (2014 – present)
- IEEE IES Anthony J. Hornfeck Service Award (2013)
- IEEE Fellow (2007)
- IEEE Eastern North Carolina Outstanding Service Award (2007)
- IEEE Region 3 Joseph M. Biedenbach Outstanding Engineering Educator Award (2005)
- IEEE Eastern North Carolina Outstanding Engineering Educator Award (2004)
- Senior Fellow of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (2003)
- IEEE ICMC’2014 Best Paper Award: N. Otero, H. Rahimi-Eichi, J. J. Rodriguez-Andina, and M.-Y. Chow, “FPGA Implementation of an Observer for State of Charge Estimation in Lithium-Polymer Batteries,” in IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Control, Jinzhou, China, July 3-5, 2014.
- Best Paper Award for the IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine: H. R. Eichi, U. Ojha, F. Baronti, and M.-Y. Chow, “Battery Management System: An Overview of Its Application in the Smart Grid and Electric Vehicles,” Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol.7, no.2, pp.4-16, June 2013.
- IEEE IES Student Best Paper Award, Wencong Su, Habiballah Rahimi-Eichi, Wente Zeng, Mo-Yuen Chow, “A Survey on The Electrification of Transportation in A Smart Grid Environment,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Informatics, vol.8, no.1, pp.1-10, Feb. 2012
- Micro/Smart Grids Energy Management
- Collaborative Distributed Control
- Battery Modeling and SoC/SoH/SoF Estimation
- Mechatronics and Automation
- Computational Intelligence
- Energy Systems
- Mobile Robots and Unmanned Vehicles