The University of Michigan – Shanghai Jiao Tong University (UM-SJTU) Joint Institute is actively conducting a search for an academic leader in all emerging fields related to Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Computer Science. He/she is expected to:
- provide leadership in building a strong research program, promoting research collaboration, and securing national level research funding;
- facilitate the Joint Institute to gain visibility both nationally and internationally;
- contribute to administration and management of the Joint Institute;
- develop curriculum and teach courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
- supervise graduate students and research fellows.
Qualifications of a candidate should include:
- a doctoral degree;
- international recognition and reputation in research areas related to electrical engineering, computer science, or closely related field;
- a strong record in securing large-scale research funding;
- successful experience in leading a multi-disciplinary research center or fostering collaboration among faculty members with diverse cultural and research background;
- commitment to excellence in teaching.
Established jointly by the University of Michigan and Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2006, UM-SJTU Joint Institute receives strong support from both partner universities and the Chinese government. The Joint Institute makes a strong commitment to build a world-class academic institution. It models itself after world-class U.S. research universities, in terms of academic environment, faculty expectations, graduate research and undergraduate curriculum. The Joint Institute offers B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. Programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Material Science and Engineering. The Mechanical Engineering Program and the Electrical and Computer Engineering Program are ABET accredited. The students are among China’s best.
Review of applications will begin on Dec 1, 2016 and continue until a successful candidate is identified. Interested persons are invited to send their application package to the Search Committee Chair, Professor Xudong Wang, at email@example.com. The submitted material should include a cover letter emphasizing the ability to carry out the responsibilities of the position, a complete curriculum vitae with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least four references, statements of research and teaching, and copies of five key publications.
Salary and compensation of this professorship will be highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications. Nominations and inquiries can be addressed to the Search Committee Chair. More information is available at http://ji.sjtu.edu.cn/en/.
|Job Category||Faculty Positions|