|Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle (2011)|
|M.E.||Electronics Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan (2004)|
|B.E.||Electronics Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan (2002)|
|2017 – pres.||Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|2014 – 2017||Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Applied Chemistry, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan|
|2013 – 2017||Co-Founder / Chief Executive Officer, LumiSands, Inc., Seattle, WA|
|2011 – 2012||Research Associate, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA|
|2010 – 2010||Research Intern, Sharp Laboratories of America (SLA), Camas, WA|
|2006 – 2011||Research Assistant, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA|
Honors and Awards
- NSF Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Phase-1 award, Principal Investigator (2013)
- UW Center for Commercialization Postdoctoral Fellowship (2012)
- UW Initiatives Fund Nanotechnology Fellowship (2008)
- UW Department of Electrical Engineering Fellowship (2006)
- High-sensitivity biomedical imaging using fluorescent silicon quantum dot nanoparticles
- Novel optoelectronic/electronic devices, such as LEDs, solar cells and transistors, made by solution processing of colloidal semiconductor nanomaterials
- C.-C. Tu, K. Awasthi, K.-P. Chen, C.-H. Lin, M. Hamada, N. Ohta, Y.-K. Li, “Time-gated imaging on live cancer cells using silicon quantum dot nanoparticles with long-lived fluorescence,” ACS Photonics, vol. 4, pp. 1306-1315, 2017.
- C.-C. Tu, K.-P. Chen, T.-A. Yang, M.-Y. Chou, L. Y. Lin, Y.-K. Li, “Silicon quantum dot nanoparticles with antifouling coatings for immunostaining on live cancer cells,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 8, pp. 13714-13723, 2016.
- C.-C. Tu, Y.-N. Chou, H.-C. Hung, J. Wu, S. Jiang, L. Y. Lin, “Fluorescent porous silicon biological probes with high quantum efficiency and stability,” Optics Express, vol. 22, pp. 29996-30003, 2014.
- C.-C. Tu, J. H. Hoo, K. F. Böhringer, L. Y. Lin, G. Cao, “Red-emitting silicon quantum dot phosphors in warm white LEDs with excellent color rendering,” Optics Express, vol. 22, pp. A276-A281, 2014.
- C.-C. Tu, J. H. Hoo, K. F. Böhringer, L. Y. Lin, G. Cao, “Surface passivation dependent photoluminescence from silicon quantum dot phosphors,” Optics Letters, vol. 37, pp. 4771-4773, 2012.
- C.-C. Tu, Q. Zhang, L. Y. Lin, G. Cao, “Brightly photoluminescent phosphor materials based on silicon quantum dots with oxide shell passivation,” Optics Express, vol. 20, pp. A69-A74, 2012.
- C.-C. Tu, L. Tang, J. Huang, A. T. Voutsas, L. Y. Lin, “Visible electroluminescence from hybrid colloidal silicon quantum dot-organic light-emitting diodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, p. 213102, 2011.
- C.-C. Tu, L. Tang, J. Huang, A. T. Voutsas, L. Y. Lin, “Solution-processed photodetectors from colloidal silicon nano/micro particle composite,” Optics Express, vol. 18, pp. 21622-21627, 2010.
- C.-C. Tu, L. Y. Lin, “Thin film photodiodes fabricated by electrostatic self-assembly of aqueous colloidal quantum dots,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 519, pp. 857-862, 2010.
- C.-C. Tu, L. Y. Lin, “High efficiency photodetectors fabricated by electrostatic layer-by-layer self-assembly of CdTe quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, p. 163107, 2008.
- C.-C. Tu, G. Cao, L. Y. Lin, “Surface-passivated silicon quantum dot phosphors,” US Patent 9,373,749, issued on June 21, 2016.
- C.-C. Tu, G. Cao, L. Y. Lin, “Surface-passivated silicon quantum dot phosphors,” US Patent 9,209,352, issued on December 8, 2015.
- C.-C. Tu, Y.-C. Fang, “Signal controlling circuit, and flat panel display thereof,” US Patent 8,564,524, issued on October 22, 2013.
- C.-C. Tu, L. Tang, A. T. Voutsas, “Silicon surface modification for the electrochemical synthesis of silicon particles in suspension,” US Patent 8,314,015, issued on November 20, 2012.
- C.-C. Tu, “Liquid crystal display and display panel thereof,” US Patent 8,098,222, issued on January 17, 2012.
- C.-C. Tu, Y.-C. Fang, “Liquid crystal display and display panel thereof,” US Patent 8,089,435, issued on January 3, 2012.
- C.-C. Tu, K.-P. Chen, Y.-K. Li, “Manufacturing, utilization, and antifouling coating of hydroxyl-covered silicon quantum dot nanoparticle,” US Patent Application, Appl. No. 15/440,596, filed on February 23, 2017.
- C.-C. Tu, L. Tang, J. Huang, A. T. Voutsas, “Colloidal silicon quantum dot visible spectrum lighting-emitting diode,” US Patent Application, Appl. No. 13/094,262, filed on April 26, 2011.
- Reviewer of ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, RSC Advances, Analyst, Applied Physics Letters, Optics Express, Journal of Biomedical Optics, Applied Optics