|Ph.D.||Engineering, Brown University, Providence (2018)|
|M.S.||Applied Mathematics, Brown University, Providence (2018)|
|M.S.||Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette (2014)|
|B.E.||Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (2013)|
|2021/07 – pres.||Assistant Professor, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.|
|2018/09 – 2020/12.||Postdoctoral research scholar, California Institute of Technology|
Honors and Awards
- Simon Ostrach Graduate Fellowship for Academic Year 2017-2018.
- Qu, Z., & Breuer, K. S. Effects of shear-thinning viscosity and viscoelastic stresses on flagellated bacteria motility. Physical Review Fluids (Editor’s Suggestion) DOI:10.1103/PhysRevFluids.5.073103(2010).
- Ross R. T., Lee H. J., Qu, Z., Banks A. R., Phillips R. & Thomson M. Controlling Organization and Forces in Active Matter Through Optically-Defined Boundaries. Nature, 572(7768), pp.224-229 (2019)
- Qu, Z., Temel, F. Z., Henderikx, R., & Breuer, K. S. (2017). Changes in the flagellar bundling time account for variations in swimming behavior of flagellated bacteria in viscous media. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Feb 2018, 201714187; DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1714187115. (2018)
Courses Taught (Recent 5 Years)
- Brown University: Fluid Mechanics Through Hovercraft Physics