The University of Michigan-Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute (JI) invites applications for Assistant, Associate and Full Teaching Professor positions in all emerging fields related to Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), and Material Science & Engineering (MSE).
The JI was founded in 2006 in Shanghai, China, with strong support from both partner universities and the Chinese government. It offers B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. programs in ECE, ME, and MSE. The JI models itself after world class U.S. research universities, in terms of academic environment, faculty expectations, graduate research and undergraduate curricula. Both ME and ECE programs are ABET accredited. English is the official language of JI. The students are among China’s best.
- A doctoral degree in related field;
- Native-level English skills;
- For ECE, rich experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in but not limited to computer, circuits, electromagnetics, and control;
- For ME, rich experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in but not limited to robotics, design and manufacturing, dynamics and vibration, mechatronics and control;
- Lab development experience a plus;
- Industrial experience a plus.
- Deliver up to 6 courses per academic year;
- Guide teaching assistants in conducting recitation classes and grading students’ work;
- Participate in other institutional activities, including curriculum development, committee service, etc.
Application Materials (all in one pdf file):
- Cover letter that details your background and qualifications
- Curriculum Vita
- Degree diploma (photocopy)
- Samples of recent teaching evaluation by students
- Names of three references
- Other supporting materials
If you are interested in the position, please send your application materials to email@example.com.
(Please mention where you read the ads)
If you want to know more about UM-SJTU Joint Institute, please go to: http://ji.sjtu.edu.cn.