|Ph.D.||Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Connecticut (2012)|
|B.S.||School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (2007)|
|2015- pres.||Assistant Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, UM-SJTU Joint Institute|
|2012- 2015||Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
- Shanghai Science and Technology Commission’s Young Scientific Talent YANG FAN Program, 2016
- NSF sponsored travel award, Materials Computation Center, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2011
- Doctoral dissertation fellowship, University of Connecticut, 2011
- Best Oral Paper Prize, 18th Connecticut Microelectronics and Optoelectronics Conference, 2009
- Fudi Fellowship and Excellent Academic Scholarship, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2003-2006
- Advanced energy and electronic materials design through atomistic modeling, high throughput computations and data mining
- Physical property tailoring through band structure, defect and interface engineering
- X. Li, Y. Qiao, S. Guo, Z. Xu, H. Zhu, X. Zhang, Y. Yuan, P. He, M. Ishida, and H. Zhou, “Direct Visualization of the Reversible O2−/O− Redox Process in Li-Rich Cathode Materials ”, Adv. Mater. 1705197 (2018).
- Z. Luo, H. Zhu, T. Ying, D. Li, X. Zeng, “First principles calculations on the influence of solute elements and chlorine adsorption on the anodic corrosion behavior of Mg (0001) surface”, Surface Science (2018).
- Q. Dong, Z. Luo, H. Zhu, L. Wang, T. Ying, Z. Jin, D. Li,W. Ding, X. Zeng, “Basal-plane stacking-fault energies of Mg alloys: A first-principles study of metallic alloying effects”, Journal of Materials Science & Technology (2018).
- J Wu, W Qi, Z Luo, K Liu, H Zhu, “Electronic Structure and Stability of Lead-free Hybrid Halide Perovskites: A Density Functional Theory Study”, Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University (Science) 23 (1), 202-208 (2018).
- Y Qin, F Li, P Tu, Y Ma, W Chen, F Shi, Q Xiang, H Shan, L Zhang, P Tao, “Ag3PO4 electrocatalyst for oxygen reduction reaction: enhancement from positive charge”, RSC Advances 8 (10), 5382-5387 (2018).
- ZM Gibbs, F Ricci, G Li, H Zhu, K Persson, G Ceder, G Hautier, A Jain, “Effective mass and Fermi surface complexity factor from ab initio band structure calculations”, npj Computational Materials 3 (1), 8 (2017).
- U Aydemir, JH Pöhls, H Zhu, G Hautier, S Bajaj, ZM Gibbs, W Chen, G Li, “YCuTe2: a member of a new class of thermoelectric materials with CuTe4-based layered structure”, J. Mater. Chem. A 4 (7), 2461-2472 (2016).
- H. Zhu, G. Hautier, U. Aydemir, Z. M. Gibbs, G. Li, S. Bajaj, J. Pöhls, D. Broberg, W. Chen, A. Jain, M. Anne White, M. Asta, G. J. Snyder, K. Persson and G. Ceder, “Computational and experimental investigation of TmAgTe2 and XYZ2 compounds, a new group of thermoelectric materials identified by first-principles high-throughput screening”, J. Mater. Chem. C, 3, 10554-10565 (2015).
- W. G. Zeier, H. Zhu, Z. M. Gibbs, G. Ceder, W. Tremel, and G. J. Snyder, “Band convergence in the non-cubic chalcopyrite compounds Cu2MGeSe4”, J. Mater Chem C 2, 10189 (2014).
- H. Zhu, W. Sun, R. Armiento, P. Lazic, and G. Ceder, “Band structure engineering through orbital interaction for enhanced thermoelectric power factor”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 082107 (2014).
- H. Zhu, G. Ramanath, and R. Ramprasad, “Interface engineering through atomic dopants in HfO2-based gate stacks”, J. Appl. Phys. 114, 114310 (2013).
- R. Ramprasad, H. Zhu, P. Rinke and M. Scheffler, “New perspective on formation energies and energy levels of point defects in non-metals”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 066404 (2012).
- R. J. Mehata, Y. Zhang, H. Zhu, D. Parker, M. Belley, D. Singh, R. Ramprasad, T. Tasciuc, G. Ramanath, “Seebeck and figure of merit enhancement in nanostructured antimony telluride by antisite defect suppression through sulfur doping”, Nano. Lett. 12, 4523 (2012).
- H. Zhu, C. Tang, L. R. Fonseca and R. Ramprasad, “Recent progress in ab initio simulations of hafnia-based gate stacks”, J. Mater. Sci. 47, 7399 (2012).
- H. Zhu and R. Ramprasad, “The effective work function of metals interfaced with dielectrics: A first principles study of the Pt-HfO2 interface”, Phys. Rev. B 83, 081416 (R) (2011).
- Y. Zhong, H. Zhu, L. Shaw and R. Ramprasad, “The equilibrium morphology of WC particles-a combined ab initio and experimental study”, Acta Mater. 59, 3748 (2011).
- H. Zhu, C. Tang and R. Ramprasad, “Phase equilibria at Si-HfO2 and Pt-HfO2 interfaces from first principles thermodynamics”, Phys. Rev. B 82, 235413 (2010).
- H. Zhu, M. Aindow and R. Ramprasad, “Stability and work function of TiCxN1-x alloy surfaces: Density functional theory calculations”, Phys. Rev. B 80, 201406 (R) (2009).