|Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey (2020)|
|B.S.||Electrical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, Texas (2014)|
|2021 – pres.||Assistant Professor, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
- IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society Predoctoral Achievement Award (2020)
- School of Engineeringand Applied Science Award for Excellence, Princeton University (2019)
- Analog Devices Outstanding Student Designer Award (2018)
- Outstanding Student Member Phi-Beta-Kappa National Society (2014)
- IEEE Eta-Kappa-Nu Honor Society (2013)
- High-speed programmable RF and mmWave integrated systems.
- Integrated Terahertz systems.
- Integrated photonics and smart biosensing platforms.
- Microwave engineering and on-chip Antenna optimization.
- Machine-learning in analog circuit design.
- X. Lu, C. Chappidi, X. Wu, and K. Sengupta, “Antenna Preprocessing and Element Pattern Shaping for Multi-band mmWave Arrays: Multi-port Receivers and Antennas,” IEEE J. Solid State Circuits, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 1455-1470, June 2020.
- X. Lu*, S. Venkatesh*, B. Tang, and K. Sengupta, “Space-Time Modulated 71 to 76 GHz mmWave Transmitter Array for Physically Secure Directional Wireless Links,” ISSCC Dig. Tech. Papers, San Francisco, CA, USA, 2020, pp. 86-88.
- X. Lu, L. Hong, K. Sengupta, “An Integrated Optical Physically Unclonable Function Using Process Sensitive Sub-Wavelength Photonic Crystals in 65nm CMOS,” ISSCC Dig. Tech. Papers, San Francisco, CA, 2017, pp. 272-273.
- S. Venkatesh, X. Lu, H. Saeidi, and K. Sengupta, “A High-Speed Programmable and Scalable Terahertz Holographic Metasurface based on Tiled CMOS Chips,” Nature Electronics, Dec. 2020.
- X. Lu, L. Hong, K. Sengupta, “CMOS Optical PUFs Using Noise Immune Process Sensitive Photonic Crystals Incorporating Passive Variations for Robustness,” IEEE J. Solid State Circuits, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 2709-2721, Sept. 2018.
- X. Lu, X. Wu, H. Saeidi, and K. Sengupta, “A Multi-Port Dual Polarized Antenna Coupled mmWave CMOS Receiver with Element-level Pattern and Notch Programmability and Passive Interferer Rejection Capability,” 2019 IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), Austin, TX, USA, 2019, pp. 1-4.
- C. Chappidi, X. Lu, X. Wu, and K. Sengupta, “Antenna Preprocessing and Element-Pattern Shaping for Multi-band mmWave Arrays: Multi-port Transmitters and Antennas,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 1441-1454, June 2020.
- Wu, H. Lu, X. Lu, and K. Sengupta, “A Programmable Active THz Electromagnetic Surface On-chip for Multi-functional Imaging,” International Microwave Symposium (IMS), Philadelphia, PA, 2018, pp. 1464-1467.
- Hong, X. Lu, K. Sengupta, “Nano-optical systems in CMOS,” IEEE 60th International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), Boston, MA, 2017, pp. 906-909.
- Songhori, A. Mirhoseini, X. Lu, F. Koushanfar, “AHEAD: Automated Framework for Hardware Accelerated Iterative Data Analysis,” Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE), Grenoble, 2015, pp. 942-947.
- Yang, X. Lu, A. Babakhani, “A Free-Space Optically Locked VCO With Picosecond Timing Jitter in 0.18-µm CMOS,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1180-1183, June 2014.
- Sengupta, X.Lu, S.Venkatesh, and B.Tang, “Nano-optical CMOS Systems for Bio-molecular Sensing: In-vitro and In-vivo”,2020 OSA Optical Sensors and Sensing Congress, Vancouver, Jun. 2020.
- IEEE member
- SSCS member