|Ph.D.||Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA (2017)|
|M.S.||Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering, Beihang University (2012)|
|B.S.||Mechanical Engineering, Beihang University (2009)|
|2019 – Present||Assistant Professor, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|2017 – 2019||Post-doctoral Fellow, Integrated Design Automation Laboratory (IDEAL), Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA|
- Graduate Teaching Award, Purdue University Teaching Academy, West Lafayette, IN, USA (2017)
- Estus H. and Vashti L. Magoon Award for Excellence in Teaching, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA (2017)
- The Ward Lambert Graduate Teaching Fellowship, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA (2016)
- Outstanding Graduate of the University, Beihang University, Beijing, China (2009)
- Excellent Student of Henan Province, The People’s Government of Henan Province, China (2005)
- Xie, J., Bi, Y., Sha, Z., Wang, M., Fu, Y., and Chen, W. (2019), Modeling the Evolution of Product Competitions: A Dynamic Network Analysis Approach, ASME 2019 International Design Engineering Technical Conference, August 18-21, Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Sha, Z., Bi, Y., Wang, M., Stathopoulos, A., Contractor, N., Fu, Y., and Chen, W. (2019), Comparing Utility-Based and Network-Based Approaches in Estimating Customer Preferences for Engineering Design, ICED19 The 21st International Conference on Engineering Design, August 5 – 8, 2019, Delft, The Netherlands.
- Young, M., Miller, C., Bi, Y., Chen, W., and Argall, B.D. (2019), Formalized Task Characterization for Human-Robot Autonomy Allocation, 2019 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), May 20-24, 2019, Montreal, Canada.
- Bi, Y., Xie, J., Sha, Z., Wang, M., Fu, Y., and Chen, W. (2018), Modeling Spatiotemporal Heterogeneity of Customer Preferences in Engineering Design, ASME 2018 International Design Engineering Technical Conference, August 26-29, Quebec City, Canada.
- Bi. Y., Li, S., Wagner, D., and Reid, T. (2017), The Impact of Vehicle Silhouettes on Perceptions of Car Environmental Friendliness and Safety in 2009 and 2016: A Comparative Study, Design Science, 3, E23. doi:10.1017/dsj.2017.22
- Bi, Y., Reid, T., and Davies, P. (2017), An Exploratory Study on Proposed New Sounds for Future Products, Noise Control Engineering Journal, 65(3), pp. 244-260.
- Bi, Y. and Reid, T., (2017), Evaluating Students’ Understanding of Statics Concepts Using Eye Gaze Data, International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 33, No. 1(A), pp. 225-237.
- Seshadri, P., Bi, Y., Bhatia, J., Simons, R., Hartley, J., and Reid, T. (2016), Evaluations That Matter: Customer Preferences Using Industry-Based Evaluations and Eye-Gaze Data, ASME 2016 International Design Engineering Technical Conference, August 22-24, Charlotte, NC, USA.
- Bi, Y., Reid, T., and Davies, P. (2016), Characterization of Next-generation Car Sounds, 2016 Internoise Conference, August 21-24, Hamburg, Germany.
- Bi., Y., Shergadwala, M., Reid, T., and Panchal, J. (2015), Understanding the Utilization of Information Stimuli in Design Decision Making Using Eye Gaze Data, ASME 2015 International Design Engineering Technical Conference, August 2-5, Boston, MA, USA.
- Reviewer of Journal of Mechanical Design, Journal of Engineering Design, Design Science Journal, Journal of Research in Engineering Design, Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Journal of Engineering Education, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice (2016-2019)
- UM-SJTU JI: Vm455 Introduction to Data-driven Engineering Design
- Northwestern University: ME341 Computational Methods for Engineering Design, ME441 Engineering Optimization for Product Design and Manufacturing
- Purdue University: ME323 Mechanics of Materials