|Ph.D.||Computer Engineering, University of Virginia (2018)|
|M.S.||Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Florida (2012)|
|B.E.||Material Science and Engineering, Xidian University (2010)|
|2021 – pres.||Assistant Professor, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China|
|2018 – 2021||Senior Engineer, NVIDIA Corporation (US), Westborough, MA, USA|
|2018 – 2018||Research Staff, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA|
|2016 – 2017||Adjunct Researcher, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY, USA|
- IEEE Senior Member (2021)
- Best Paper Award, Latin American Symposium on Circuits and Systems (2019)
- IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Pre-Doctoral Scholarship (2017)
- Best in Session Award, SRC TECHCON (2017)
- Forbes Under 30 Scholar, Forbes Under 30 Summit (2017)
- Best Paper Award, The 13th Workshop on Silicon Errors in Logic – System Effects (2017)
- Louis T. Rader Graduate Research Award, University of Virginia (2017)
- Intelligent chip design automation techniques
- Power and energy-efficient circuit design for embedded systems
- Machine learning and hardware acceleration
- System-on-chip design with ARM/RISC-V CPUs
- Advanced package techniques (Chiplet, 3DIC)
- X. Guo, M. Stan, “Circadian Rhythms for Future Resilient Electronic Systems – Accelerated Active Self-Healing for Integrated Circuits,” ISBN 978-3-030-20050-3, Springer, 2020. (Book)
- Guerrero, T. Tracy II, X. Guo, M. Lenjani, K. Skadron and M. Stan, “Towards on-node Machine Learning for Ultra-low-power Sensors Using Asynchronous Σ∆ streams”, ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems (JETC), Vol. 16, No. 4, Article 44, 2020.
- Mosanu, X. Guo, M. El-Hadedy, L. Anghel, M. Stan, “Flexi-AES: A Highly-Parameterizable Cipher for a Wide Range of Design Constraints,” Proc. of IEEE International Symposium On Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines (FCCM), San Diego, CA, April 2019.
- Guerrero, X. Guo, M. Stan, “SC-SD: Towards Low Power Stochastic Computing on Sigma Delta Streams,” Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Rebooting Computing (ICRC), Tysons, VA, November 2018.
- Roelke, X. Guo, M. Stan, “OldSpot: A Pre-RTL Model for Fine-grained Aging and Lifetime Optimization,” Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD), Orlando, FL, October 2018.
- Guo, V. Verma, P. Guerrero, M. Stan, “When “things” get older – Exploring Circuit Aging in IoT Applications”, Proc. of International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED), Santa Clara, CA, March 2018.
- Guo, V. Verma, P. Guerrero, S. Mosanu, M. Stan, “Back to the Future: Digital Circuit Design in the FinFET Era”, Journal of Low Power Electronics (JOLPE), Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 338–355, 2017.
- Guo, M. Stan, “Deep Healing: Ease the BTI and EM Wearout Crisis by Activating Recovery”, Proc. of IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks Workshop (DSN), Denver, CO, June 2017.
- Guo, M. Stan, “Implications of Accelerated Self-Healing as a Key Design Knob for Cross-Layer Resilience”, Integration, the VLSI Journal, 56 (2017): 167-180, Elsevier.
- Guo, M. Stan, “Work hard, sleep well – Avoid irreversible IC wearout with proactive rejuvenation,” Proc. of the ACM/IEEE Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC), Macau, China, January 2016.
- Guo, W. Burleson, M. Stan, “Modeling and Experimental Demonstration of Accelerated Self-Healing Techniques”, ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference (DAC), San Francisco, CA, June 2014.
- Publicity and Website Chair, IEEE International Symposium On Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines (FCCM) 2021
- Outreach Committee & Session Chair, IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC) 2020 – pres.
- Session Chair, IEEE International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Circuits and Systems (AICAS 2020)
- IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society (SSCS) Young Professionals (YP) Committee 2020 – pres.
- IEEE SSCS Webinars for Young Excellence (WYE) Program Founding Member & Coordinator 2020 – pres.
- Conference Committee (TPC Member) of CICC, FCCM, ISLPED, ICCD, IGSC, ASAP, ISSRE, HOST, AICAS, ISVLSI, IRPS, etc.
- Reviewer of JSSC, TVLSI, TCAS-I, TCAS-II, TCAD, TODAES, D&T, IEEE Access, JETCAS, TCSVT, JLPEA, TBioCAS, Transaction on Computer, etc.
- VE 370 Introduction to Computer Organization (Summer 2021)