The University of Michigan-Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute (JI) cordially invites scholars with rich teaching experience and well-established research in all emerging fields related to Mechanical Engineering and Electrical & Computer Engineering to spend the summer of 2019 (May 13 – August 9) at JI. This is an opportunity for the participating scholars to learn about the JI, explore research collaborations with JI faculty, recruit top quality Chinese students for graduate study, and experience Shanghai, one of the most dynamic, internationalized, and safest cosmopolitan cities in the world.
A visiting faculty member is expected to teach at least one course. While the preferred length of the course is 13 weeks (the entire summer), 8-week arrangement may be an option. The compensation is competitive. Transportation is covered. Lodging with paid utility in the downtown area of Shanghai is also provided.
- A doctoral degree in related field;
- Native-level proficiency in English;
- Preferred teaching experience in introduction to engineering, computer, robotics, circuits, design and manufacturing, and control;
- Complete Curriculum Vita (including a list of courses taught)
- Recent teaching evaluation
- Please send your application materials to Dr. Gang Zheng at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please mention where you read the ads.)
The JI was founded in 2006 in Shanghai, China with strong support from both partner universities and the Chinese government. It offers B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. programs in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, and Materials Science & Engineering. The JI models itself after world class U.S. research universities, in terms of academic environment, faculty expectations, graduate research and undergraduate curriculum. Both ME and ECE programs are ABET accredited. English is the official language. The students are among China’s best.
If you want to know more about the JI, please go to: http://ji.sjtu.edu.cn.
|Job Category||Lecturer Positions|