Research in solid mechanics encompasses fields in computational mechanics, experimental mechanics, structural damage detection and nondestructive testing, fracture mechanics, design of active materials and intelligent structures, and biomechanics.
- Active Materials and Intelligent Structures (AMIS) Laboratory (Director: Yanfeng Shen)
- Advanced Intelligent Materials and Structures (AIMS) Center (Director: Shane Miguel Johnson)
- Fracture, Advanced Mechanics & Structure (FAMS) Laboratory (Director: Roberto Dugnani)
- Laboratory of Smart Solids and Structures (S-Lab) (Director: Jaehyung “Joshua” Ju)
- MEchanics and Robustly Efficient Computation of Evolving Solids (MERECES) Laboratory (Director: Yongxing Shen)