||Electrical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio, USA (2016)
||Electrical Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China (2011)
|2022 – pres.
||Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
|2018 – 2022
||Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
|2016 – 2018
||Postdoctoral Scholar, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
Honors and Awards
- 2019 Forbes China “30 Under 30” Award in Science Category (one of the 30 awardees in China).
- 2019 “Rising Star Junior Faculty Award” (one of the 10 awardees in China), Organized by China Association for Science and Technology.
- “Young Scientist Award” in Microsystems & Nanoengineering Summit 2019 (MINE’2019, one of the 6 awardees in China).
- Shanghai Yang Fan Talent Program, Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality (2019)
- Ruth Barber Moon Award, Case Western Reserve University (2015)
- In-memory computing using resistive random-access memories (RRAMs)
- Resonant nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) for sensing, computing, and RF signal processing
- Flexible electronic devices based on 2D materials
(†Equal Contribution, *Corresponding Author)
- Xu, P. Zhang, J. Zhu, Z. Liu, A. Eichler, X.-Q. Zheng, J. Lee, A. Dash, S. More, S. Wu, Y. Wang, H. Jia, A. Naik*, A. Bachtold, R. Yang*, P. X.-L. Feng*, Z. Wang*, “Nanomechanical Resonators: Toward Atomic Scale”, ACS Nano 16, 15545–15585 (2022).
- R. Yang*, S M E. H. Yousuf, J. Lee, P. Zhang, Z. Liu, P. X.-L. Feng*, “Raman Spectroscopic Probe for Nonlinear MoS2 Nanoelectromechanical Resonators”, Nano Letters 22, 5780-5787 (2022).
- Zhang, Y. Jia, M. Xie, Z. Liu, S. Shen, J. Wei, R. Yang*, “Strain-Modulated Dissipation in Two-Dimensional Molybdenum Disulfide Nanoelectromechanical Resonators”, ACS Nano 16, 2261-2270 (2022)
- R. Yang, “In-Memory Computing with Ferroelectrics”, Nature Electronics 3, 237–238 (2020). (Invited News & Views Article)
- I. Evans†, R. Yang†, L. T. Gan†, M. Abbasi, X. Wang, R. Traylor, J. A. Fan, D. Natelson, “Thermoelectric Response from Grain Boundaries and Lattice Distortions in Crystalline Gold Devices”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) 117, 23350-23355 (2020).
- R. Yang*, H. Li, K. K. H. Smithe, T. R. Kim, K. Okabe, E. Pop, J. A. Fan, H.-S. P. Wong, “Ternary Content-Addressable Memory with MoS2 Transistors for Massively Parallel Data Search”, Nature Electronics 2, 108-114 (2019).
- T. Gan†, R. Yang†, R. Traylor, W. Cai, W. D. Nix, J. A. Fan, “High-Throughput Growth of Microscale Gold Bicrystals for Single-Grain-Boundary Studies”, Advanced Materials, 1902189 (2019). DOI: 10.1002/adma.201902189.
- R. Yang, J. Lee, S. Ghosh, H. Tang, R. M. Sankaran, C. A. Zorman, P. X.-L. Feng, “Tuning Optical Signatures of Single-and Few-Layer MoS2 by Blown-Bubble Bulge Straining up to Fracture”, Nano Letters 17, 4568-4575 (2017).
- R. Yang, H. Li, K. K. H. Smithe, T. R. Kim, K. Okabe, E. Pop, J. A. Fan, H.-S. P. Wong, “2D Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2) Transistors Driving RRAMs with 1T1R Configuration”, Int. Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM), 477-480, San Francisco, Dec. 2-6 (2017). Featured by IEEE Spectrum
- R. Yang, C. Chen, J. Lee, D. A. Czaplewski, P. X.-L. Feng, “Local-Gate Electrical Actuation, Detection, and Tuning of Atomic-Layer MoS2 Nanoelectromechanical Resonators”, in 30th IEEE Int. Conf. on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS 2017), 163-166, Las Vegas, Jan. 22-26 (2017) (+talk, selection rate 10%).
- R. Yang, A. Islam, P. X.-L. Feng, “Electromechanical Coupling and Design Considerations in Single-Layer MoS2 Suspended-Channel Transistors and Resonators”, Nanoscale 7, 19921-19929 (2015).
- R. Yang, T. He, M. A. Tupta, C. Marcoux, P. Andreucci, L. Duraffourg, P. X.-L. Feng, “Probing Contact-Mode Characteristics of Silicon Nanowire Electromechanical Systems with Embedded Piezoresistive Transducers”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 25, 095014 (2015). Featured as Cover Article
- R. Yang†, X. Zheng†, Z. Wang, P. X.-L. Feng, “Multilayer MoS2 Transistors Enabled by a Facile Dry-Transfer Technique and Thermal Annealing”, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B 32, 061203 (2014). †Equal Contribution. Featured as Cover Article, Editor’s Pick and Most Read Article
- Editorial Board Member of Journal: Microsystems & Nanoengineering
- Reviews Editor of Journal: Nanotechnology
- Associate Editor of Journal: Micro & Nano Letters
- Invited speaker in a number of conferences, including IEEE NEMS 2021, ICON-2DMAT 2019, CSMNT 2019, ICMAN 2018, IEMS-2018, The Second Symposium on Advanced 2D Materials and Devices, and multiple university seminars.