||Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University (1983)
||Dept. of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University (1978)
||Tang Junyuan Chair Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, SJTU
||Professor, Mechanical Engineering, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, SJTU
||Chairman, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA
||Professor, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA
||Associate Professor, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA
||Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA
||National Research Council Research Scientist, NASA-Marshall Space Flight Center, USA
||Post Doc., Polymer Institute, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
Honors and Awards
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Fellow.
- Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials, Honorary Fellow.
- University of Alabama Huntsville College of Engineering Lifelong Achievements Award, 2014.
- University of Alabama Foundation Award for Outstanding Research, 1998.
- University of Alabama Huntsville College of Engineering Outstanding Faculty Award, 1997.
- NASA Technical Innovator Awards, 1986 and 1992.
- AIAA Outstanding Young Aerospace Engineer of the Year award, 1986.
- NASA Group Achievement Award- for Significant Achievement in flow process modeling and contributions to the Space Shuttle Main Engine development engine program, 1985.
- Chen, X., Khani, E. and Chen, C. P., “A Unified Jet Fuel Surrogate for Droplet Evaporation and Ignition”, Fuel, 182, 284-291, 2016.
- Wang, G., Yang, F., Wei Zhao, Chen, C. P.,“Direct observation of scalar turbulence in microfluidics at low Reynolds number,” Lab on a Chip, Vol. 16, 1030-1038. 2016.
- Hung, S. W., Shiao, P. Y., Chen, C. P. and Chieng, C. C., “Wettability of Graphene-coated Surface: Free Energy Investigations using Molecular Dynamics Simulation”, J. Physical Chem, C, Vol. 119, 8103-8111, 2015.
- Yang, Z., Chen, C. P., Chen, Z. J. and Chieng, C. C., “Multiscale Modeling of Macroparticle Stretching in Nanofluidic Flows”, J. of Computational Multiphase Flows, Vol. 6, 169-178, 2014.
- Samimi Abianeh, O., Chen, C. P., and S. Mahalingam, “Modeling of Multicomponent Droplets Coalescence in Evaporating and Non-Evaporating Sprays”, Int. J. Automotive Tech., Vol. 15, 1091-1100, 2014.
- Samimi Abianeh, O., Chen, C. P., and Mahalingam, S., “Numerical Modeling of Diesel Fuel Spray Evaporation Process,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 69, 44-54, 2014.
- Samimi Abianeh, O., Chen, C. P. and Cerro, R., “Mass Transfer and Conservation from a Finite Point Source to an Infinite Media,” Int. J. Chemical Reaction Eng., Vol. 11 (2), 657–666, 2013.
- Samimi Abianeh, O., Chen, C. P. and Ramon Cerro, R. “Batch Distillation: The forward and inverse iroblems; Surrogate fuel development,” Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., Vol. 51, 12435-12488, 2012.
- Samimi Abianeh, O. and Chen, C. P., “A Discrete Multi-component Fuel Evaporation Model with liquid turbulence effects” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 55, 6897-6907, 2012.
- Brumback, T. E. and Chen, C. P., “Hybrid Modeling of Homogeneous Gas-Phase Reaction,” Monte Carlo Methods and Applications, Vol. 17, pp. 99-116. 2011.
- Movahednejad, E, Ommi, F., Chen, C. P. and S. M. Hosseinalipour, “Application of Maximum Entropy Method for Droplet Size Distribution Prediction using Instability Analysis of Liquid Sheet,” Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 47, pp. 1591-1600, 2011.
- Lineberry, D., Balasubramanyan, M. S., Chen, C. P. and Landrum, D. B., “Experimental and Numerical Investigation of a Non- axisymmetric Strut Based Ejector,” Int. J. Hypersonics, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 181-197, 2010.
- Balasubramanyan, M. S., Chen, C. P. and Bazarov, V. G., “Design Investigation of a Hydro-mechanical Pulsator for Injector Dynamics Research,” Eng. Applications Computational Fluid Mech., vol. 4, pp. 314-325, 2009.
- Trinh, Huu P., Chen, C. P. and Balasubramanyan, M. S., “Numerical Simulation of Liquid Jet Atomization Including Turbulence Effects,” J. Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, Vol. 129, pp. 920-928, 2007.
University of Alabama in Huntsville, 14 PhDs and 24 MS’s.