Applying to the JI
Thanks for choosing the University of Michigan – Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute. To apply as an international student in JI, please click Apply Now.
Early Action – November 15
Regular Decision – April 15
Fall – September to December
Spring – January to April
Summer – May to August
Second, you need to fill out and submit the Common Application.
Should you have any questions about applying to JI, please contact us or download the JI 2021 International Admission Brochure for more information.
More information, please call or email.
Phone: +86-21-3420-6045 ext. 4492
If you are a domestic student from Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Macau of China, you should first take the College Entrance Examination for these regions. Please refer to the website http://www.gatzs.com.cn/gatpz/index.do
If you are a domestic student from mainland China, Please refer to the page of Domestic Undergraduate Admission.
Important Application Steps
- You must apply via The Common Application and submit the University of Michigan – Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute Questionnaire. All students are not eligible for application fee waivers.
- All undergraduate first-year applicants please submit test results of either SAT or ACT with writing.
- Submit the School Report and one Teacher Evaluation. Please submit the English version.
- Submit your high school transcript. An official English translation is required to accompany the transcript if the transcript is not issued in English by the school. (Students who have already completed high schools, including university transfer applicants, should be sure to have final high school transcript submitted showing the graduation date. Also provide a detailed explanation of any educational gaps.)
- If you are a speaker of English as a second language, you will need to submit your TOEFL, or IELTS scores.