Early Action – November 15, 2022 (Beijing Time, GMT+8)
Regular Application – April 15, 2023 (Beijing Time, GMT+8)
More information, please call or email.
Phone: +86-21-3420-6045 ext. 4492
*Application materials will not be returned and all materials should be in English
If you apply with either SAT (JI code: 6563) or ACT (JI code: 6983) test scores. Scores with writing test scores are preferred.
2022 First-year admitted class test scores of Middle 50 th percentile ranges:
- SAT total score: 1340-1470
- SAT Math: 750-790
- ACT total score: 34-34
- ACT Math: 34-35
If you apply with A-level scores, you need to apply with Math A or above. If you apply with International Baccalaureate (IB), you need to apply with Math HL 5 or above or SL 7 in Math or above. Predictand A-level or IB scores are NOT accepted. Students with valid college entrance exam scores, please contact the International Undergraduate Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. （e.g., Malaysia UEC exam scores, Kazakhstan UNT scores. France National Exam scores, and etc….）
l If you don’t have any exam scores mentioned above, you have an option to take the SJTU International Undergraduate Entrance Exam in spring 2023 with other international students. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
English language requirements
For non-native speakers of English, either TOEFL (iBT, JI code: 6210) or IELTS score is required.
TOEFL (iBT): Total score 84 or above. Mybest Scores /TOEFL Essentials/TOEFL iBT Home Edition are accepted.
IELTS: Overall 6.0 or above.
Exceptions: You may be exempted from providing any of these exams if your SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score is 650 or above, if both your ACT Reading and English scores are 27 or above, or if you have recently completed at least 4 years of rigorous academic study in any of the following countries: Anguilla, Antigua, Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, England, Federated, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Seychelles, Shetland Islands, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States (other than Puerto Rico), US Virgin Islands, Singapore, Wales. (Those in American Schools and British Schools abroad may also be exempted if at least 4 years of rigorous academic study have recently been completed and if test scores meet the above standards.)
All SJTU international students are expected to meet HSK 4 (Chinese Language Test) as the minimal Chinese language requirement for graduation.
Two recommendation letters are required: one from your high school counselor and one from a core academic teacher.
High School Transcripts
We pay special attention to math, physics, chemistry and other related subjects. Please arrange to have official copies of your transcripts in English sent to us by all high schools you attended.
- Financial guarantee proven deposit of not less than CNY 100,000 (or equivalent in foreign currency).
- Applicants under 18 years old should provide a letter of guarantee for their guardian in China (notarization required).
- Applicants should provide the following materials if one or both parents of the applicant are Chinese citizens (“Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC”）.
- Certificate of the applicant obtained foreign nationality at birth or afterward.
- The nationality or household registration certificate of both the applicant’s parents (passport or ID card).
- For applicants who obtained foreign nationality at birth, if one or both of the parents are Chinese citizens and have the permanent residence abroad, a certificate of the corresponding permanent residence needs to be provided; if one or both of the parents are Chinese citizens but have not obtained the permanent residence abroad, certificate of the withdrawal from Chinese nationality of the applicant needs to be provided.
- For applicants who were originally Chinese citizens and obtained foreign nationalities afterward, a certificate for the cancellation of their original registered residence in China and the renunciation of the Chinese nationality should be provided.
- The entry and exit seal page of visiting China on the applicant’s passport from April 30, 2018, to the time of application.
- The applicant’s certificate for studying outside China from April 30, 2018 to the time of application.
Contact Information： Admission Office of International Student Center, SJTU
- Tel: 86-21-54743244
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn
Areas of Interest