Tuition Fees and Scholarships
Tuition*: CNY 28900/Year for Master programs (Approx. USD 4200/ Year)
CNY 45500/Year for Doctoral programs (Approx. USD 6600/Year)
Housing: CNY 50-160/Day on-campus (Approx. USD 8-25/Day)
On-campus housing has limited capacity and is not guaranteed.
Basically, for incoming international graduate students, there are two channels for scholarship application: through Shanghai Jiao Tong University or through Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country. Applicants may choose only one application channel. Replicated applications through more than one channels is not allowed.
How to Apply
1. Apply for scholarships through SJTU
SJTU provides different types of scholarships to international graduate students as the following:
When applying at http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn/ applicants should choose “apply for scholarship through SJTU” and follow the steps online. Applicants should complete the scholarship application procedures in time according to the requirements of the university.
The earlier an applicant completes the application, the sooner he/she receives an offer of admission and scholarships if the review result from the university is positive. Applicants can check the scholarships result through the application system. The formal offer of scholarships will be sent along with the formal admission letter.
2. Apply for scholarships through Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country
Applicants may also apply to the Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country for scholarship opportunities. The application schedule varies from country to country (usually from November to April).
Please consult the Chinese Embassy/Consulate about its application schedule, eligibility, requirements, procedures, documents, agency number, and program category type and so on in advance.
For the contact information of Chinese Embassies/Consulates, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China at http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/.
- In general, scholarships duration cannot be extended.
- For international students admitted in the special graduate programs with university scholarships (Doctoral Program type III/Master Program type Ⅱ /Master Program type III) in Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance, Antai College of Economics & Management and USC-SJTU Institute of Cultural and Creative Industry, China-UK Low Carbon College, the scholarship will only cover the university’s standard tuition of 28,900RMB/Year for master’s programs ), and students will have to pay the rest of the tuition of these programs.
- Graduate students in SJTU can also apply for certain TA or RA positions on campus.
- All scholarship recipients are obliged to participate in the annual scholarship review in April and/or May which will confirm their scholarship status in the next academic year.