How to Apply
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
Complete and submit an online application at Study@SJTU (http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn/) by the application deadline.
- JI Application Form
- English CV
- Degree certificates, in scanned files. Applicants who have not graduated by the time of application are required to provide an official letter from their current university stating the expected graduation date.
- Transcripts, in scanned files. Master’s program applicants are required to submit undergraduate transcripts. Doctoral program applicants are required to submit both undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- English level certificates (TOEFL(new)≥90 or TOEFL(old)≥600）or IELTS≥6.0)
- Personal Statement and Study Plan
- Recommendation letters from at least two university instructors with titles of or above associate-professor in a related academic field. Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters with original signatures.
- A copy of passport and a passport-sized photo
- Any materials that will facilitate your application are encouraged, awards you won, papers or journal articles you published (PDF format), etc.
Note: If your documents are not in English or Chinese, please have them translated into either English or Chinese by an authorized translation agency. Then upload both the translated and original documents onto the application system.
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
The application fee is CNY 350 or USD 55, non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment must be made using CNY or USD. You can choose online payment or bank transfer in the online application system.
Step 3: Find an advisor
After passing the screening review by JI, applicants shall start to find an advisor at JI. Detailed information about research interests and contacts of faculty can be found at: https://www.ji.sjtu.edu.cn/about/faculty-staff/faculty-directory/. Faculty members with title of Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor could supervise graduate students.
Step 4: Pass the Panel InterviewOnce applicants find a potential advisor at JI, she/he must take and pass the Online Panel Interview. The panel interview will be recorded for documentation.