How to Apply
Complete and submit an online application at Study@SJTU (http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn/) by the application deadline.
- JI Application Form >
- English CV
- Personal Statement
- An equivalent of China’s bachelor/master-degree education diploma and transcript
- English level certificates (TOEFL(new)≥90 or TOEFL(old)≥600）or IELTS≥6.0)
- Recommendation from at least two teachers with titles of or above associate-professor
- A copy of passport and a passport-sized photo
- Any materials that will facilitate your application are encouraged, awards you won, papers or journal articles you published (PDF format), etc.
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
The application fee is CNY 350 or USD 55, non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment must be made using CNY or USD. You can choose online payment or bank transfer in the online application system.
Step 3: Find an advisor
After passing the first screening review, applicants shall start to find an advisor at JI. Here is detailed information about research interests and contacts. Faculty members with title of Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor could supervise Graduate students.