ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
- Students applying to transfer must be in good academic standing at the institution(s) attended.
- The JI will review the courses taken at other institutions and determine the number of transferable college credits.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores are required of all speakers with English as a second language.
Exceptions: You may be exempted from providing any of these exams if your SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score is 650 or above, if both your ACT Reading and English scores are 27 or above, or if you have recently completed at least 4 years of rigorous academic study in any of the following countries: Anguilla, Antigua, Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, England, Federated, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Seychelles, Shetland Islands, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States (other than Puerto Rico), US Virgin Islands, Singapore, Wales. (Those in American Schools and British Schools abroad may also be exempted if at least 4 years of rigorous academic study have recently been completed and if test scores meet the above standards.)
- Official high school/secondary school records, including 9th-12th grades and graduation date may be required. The more credits a student is able to transfer, the less the student’s high school work will be used in the evaluation.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions are required. Successful candidates usually present a cumulative GPA of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better.
Students wishing to transfer should complete a series of prerequisite courses. All courses should be evaluated by a letter grade and not pass/fail. A letter grade of a “C” or better is required for the prerequisite courses including:
> College level Calculus I, II, III and Differential Equations
> Calculus-based Physics with labs
> General college Chemistry with lab
> Computer programming, C/C++ preferred
> English: English composition
> Certain GPA depending on a specific program
In order to receive a Bachelor’s degree, students are required to register in the university system for at least 3 years.