ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
- Students applying to transfer must be in good academic standing at the institution(s) attended.
- The JI will review the courses taken at other institutions and determine the number of transferable college credits.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores are required of all speakers with English as a second language.
- Official high school/secondary school records, including 9th-12th grades and graduation date may be required. The more credits a student is able to transfer, the less the student’s high school work will be used in the evaluation.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions are required. Successful candidates usually present a cumulative GPA of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better.
Students wishing to transfer should complete a series of prerequisite courses. All courses should be evaluated by a letter grade and not pass/fail. A letter grade of a “C” or better is required for the prerequisite courses including:
> College level Calculus I, II, III and Differential Equations
> Calculus-based Physics with labs
> General college Chemistry with lab
> Computer programming, C/C++ preferred
> English: English composition
> Certain GPA depending on a specific program
In order to receive a Bachelor’s degree, students are required to register in the university system for at least 3 years.