Courses Detail Information
MATH1860J – Honors Mathematics II
Instructor: Horst Harold Hohberger
Credits: 4 (No credits after Vv116 or Vv156.)
Pre-requisites: Chinese Gaokao or a good result in the JI math placement test.
Elements of logic; set theory; properties of real and complex numbers; sequences, convergence, completeness of metric spaces; functions, convergence and continuity; the derivative and applications; normed vector spaces; series and power series; transcendental functions; the regulated and Riemann integrals and applications; the Lebesgue integral (as time permits).
- Logic, sets and numbers (8 hrs at 45 min each)
- Sequences, convergence, continuity (12 hrs)
- The derivative and properties of differentiable functions (8 hrs)
- Vector spaces and sequences of functions (4 hrs)
- Series, power series, exponential and trigonometric functions (10 hrs)
- Integration and Applications (12 hrs),Three exams (6 hrs)