Courses Detail Information
ME2350J – Thermodynamics I
Instructor: Qiang Zhang
Credits: 3 credits
Pre-requisites: Vc210 and (Vv156 or Vv186)
Introduction to engineering thermodynamics. First law, second law system and control volume analyses; properties and behavior of pure substances; application to thermodynamic systems operating in a steady state and transient processes. Heat transfer mechanisms. Typical power producing cycles and refrigerators. Ideal gas mixtures and moist air applications. Compressible flow.
- Basicconcepts and definitions including thermodynamic systems, properties, work, heat transfer, and various energy forms.
- Pure substance behaviors
- Conservation principle for mass and energy
- The 2nd law of thermodynamics
- Entropy, entropy generation and balance.
- Heat engines, power producing cycles
- Refrigerator and heat pumps
- Compressible flow
- Gas vapor mixture