Courses Detail Information
VE427 – VLSI Design I
Instructor: Xuyang Lu
Credits: 4 credits
Pre-requisites: Ve270 and Ve312
Lectures and lab assignments to introduce the students to the implementation of mask-level integrated systems, with emphasis on architectural and system-level synthesis. Topics include ASIC flow of combinational logic, finite state machines, sequential logic, microprocessors, I/O, memory blocks, parallelism, clock and power distribution, and advanced design topics such as highspeed and neural network systems.
- A review of Mosfet, CMOS logic, basic memory blocks.
- A review of combinational logic, finite state machine, Verilog
- Architecture of FPGA
- Timing constraints
- RISC-V and stream processing
- Memory/ Cache
- Digital signal processing circuits
- I/O network
- List processor optimization, VLIW compiler
- Techniques in adder/multiplier/shifters
- Clk and power distribution
- Research topics: DNN, highspeed wireline, etc.